Loblolly Railway's main display:
• Measures 8 x 44 feet
• Has 7 loops of tubular tracks
• 2 loops of O-72 inch tubular track
• 1 loop of O-54/O-42 inch tubular track
• 1 loop of O-54 inch tubular track
• 1 loops of O-42 inch tubular track
• 1 loops of O-31 inch tubular track
• 1 loops of O-31 inch double figure 8 tubular track
• Handles old and new locomotives regardless of vintage
• Equipped with Lionel Train Master Command Control locomotives
• Supports MTH Proto-sounds 1 locomotives
• Equipped with MTH DCS Proto-2 & 3 locomotives
• Mountain with tunnel
• Two Restored Haubenstricker Bridges (4 foot length)
• New double mainline Uhler Bridge (4 foot length)
• Pumping Oil Well Derricks and Tank Station
• City scene
• Rural scene
Loblolly Railway's GTH Division display:
• Measures 12 x 16 feet (a modified 'L' shape design)
• Has 3 loops of tubular track
• 1 loop of O-42 inch tubular track
• 1 loop of O-31 inch tubular track
• 1 loop of O-27 inch tubular track in a figure 8
• 1 point to point trolley line on O-27 inch tubular track
• Oil Field with pumping derricks
• City scene
• Small yard with engine service facility
• Passenger depot for train and trolley
The Crew of the Loblolly try to provide as much action and inter-action with their trains as possible.
The Loblolly Railway consist of 2 traveling pikes.
The first is a 3rd generation design which is the largest display built to date. Setup time for this display takes about 8 hours from the time the first module is removed from the trailer until it's ready for the show to open.
The second layout, The GTH Division - originally built for Longview's annual 'Alley Fest' event, setup time for this display takes about 2 hours for a short version and about 5 hours from the time the first module is removed from the trailer until it's ready for the show.
Here's the specs of the two displays.
The quick setup version
National Train Day, Longview, TX Depot Trackside